This is quick and easy to make from ingredients found in most grocery stores. Updated to taste better by adding chicken broth. If you use chicken bouillon cubes, omit salt.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium low heat; add onions and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add water, chicken broth, potatoes and pepperoni.
- Simmer about 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Remove pepperoni and set aside.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender or in a blender by batches.
- Add Sazon packet, cabbage and spinach, return pepperoni; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Taste and add salt, if needed.
- Serve hot.