1/3 Photos of Caldo Verde (Portuguese Green Soup)
This is quick and easy to make from ingredients found in most grocery stores. Updated to taste better by adding chicken broth. If you use chicken bouillon cubes, omit salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium low heat; add onions and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add water, chicken broth, potatoes and pepperoni.
- 3Simmer about 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- 4Remove pepperoni and set aside.
- 5Puree soup with an immersion blender or in a blender by batches.
- 6Add Sazon packet, cabbage and spinach, return pepperoni; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- 7Taste and add salt, if needed.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caldo Verde (Portuguese Green Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 400.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Sazon Goya seasoning