Mexican Vegetable Caldo Verde Con Pollo
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cubed chicken breasts
- 1 medium sized yellow onion (sliced thinly or diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ear of corn (shave the kernels off)
- 1 mexican squash (chopped, can substitute zucchini)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 4 stalks celery (sliced)
- 3 carrots (sliced)
- 1 red potatoes (diced)
- 1 chayote (chopped)
- 1⁄4 head cabbage (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 6 cups chicken stock (We use Herbox No Sodium Chicken base to make the stock)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large soup pot, sautee chicken, onion and garlic in olive oil until chicken is cooked (5 minutes at the most, as the chicken will finish cooking as the soup boils, just in case you use large chunks).
- Add Chicken Stock and rest of ingredients, bring to boil and set heat to medium.
- Boil for about 20 minutes, or until carrots are soft enough to easily bite.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!