Low Fat Chicken Noodle Soup for 2
photo by yogiclarebear
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 ounces no yolk noodles, thin shape
- 3 ounces baby carrots, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 40 g frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Spray a non-stick pot lightly with cooking spray, and heat over medium.
- Add vegetables and garlic, and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, seasoning, and salt. Over high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add noodles and simmer for 10 minutes, until noodles are vegetables are softened.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/kitchen 1-12-08 035 tiny.jpg"> <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/WILD NOV 1 2007 018 resized tiny.jpg"> Me in my kitchen, and at the Wild game. I am a photographer, portrait and fine art, and I am a yoga instructor. Besides cooking, I enjoy fitness and yoga, reading, organizing, gardening, puzzles, family, and HOCKEY. GO WILD!!!! I love to cook for my large husband...he is a natural powerbuilder and has a lot of muscle to feed. People ask how he got so "huge" and he has to answer, my cooking of course! We both work out a lot, so we eat a lot of healthy food...I cook a LOT! The recipes I post and save to my cookbooks are usually healthy and lower calorie, or can be adapted to be so. <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Garlic tiny.jpg"> <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Press It tiny.jpg"> Garlic is the best! <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Kitchen Series Jan 2008 210 EDIT GRIT BORDER tiny.jpg"> <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Kitchen Series Jan 2008 192 HARD LIGHT ILL GRIT BORDER2 tiny.jpg"> Yummy veggies!