Low Fat Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
photo by Goodheart
- Ready In:
- 64 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 8 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 16 ounces frozen peas, unbuttered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (remove any fat)
- 18 ounces no yolk noodles
- Add 32 ounces of broth and the chicken to a 6 quart crock pot,
- Cook on high about 2 hours or until chicken easily shreds.
- Shred chicken using two forks.
- Add additional broth, onion, celery, carrots,garlic, and spices except parsley.
- Cook on high about 2 hours or low 4 hours.
- Add peas and parsley. Stir.
- Add black pepper to preferred taste.
- Serve over 1 cup of cooked noodles per serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Living in Florida. Retired in 2000. For fun? I don't work. I cook with the least saturated fat possible and avoid trans fat (partially hydrogenated fat or oil)entirely. My cookbooks are by the American Heart Association, Dr. Dean Ornish, Vegan, Vegetarian and related. I do a cardio workout at least every other day.