Crock Pot Chicken & Noodle Soup
photo by FDADELKARIM
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 30mins
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup baby carrots (finely diced or grated)
- 3 small boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- hot water
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 10 ounces medium egg noodles
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Pour the broth into a large crock pot then add the carrots & spices. Place the breasts in the broth then cover with the lid & cook on low for 6 hours.
- Uncover, shred the chicken then place back into the broth. Add in the noodles and half & half along with enough hot water to cover the noodles.
- Cook on high for another 30 minutes. It is done once the noodles are tender, make sure not to overcook them. Salt & pepper to taste then serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this recipe as written, although another time I'll take some shortcuts since I always have shredded chicken breast in the freezer! That said, we allow that you have a very nice tasting chicken soup recipe here & I'm happy to keep hold of it a while longer ~ Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a special compensation for none of her recipes having been chosen in the PRMR Holiday Special]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Follower of Jesus: I have a strong faith in God & his love for all of us. He is the first & last in my life and it is my desire to tell others of His greatest gift to us...His Son. Explorer: I love to learn about new cultures & try new foods. While in Morocco I learned to appreciate the use of spices. Wife: I'm married to my best friend. Sister: I am the oldest of six children. Mother: My son lives in CA while my daughter lives close to me. Grandmother: My beautiful granddaughter has stolen my heart.