Low - Fat Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup for the Crock Pot
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
If you prefer, this recipe can be done on the stove but I recommend cutting the spices in half. In crock pot cooking, dried spices loose some of their kick. This is a great recipe for leftover chicken.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 20mins
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 chopped carrots (bite size pieces)
- 2 stalks chopped celery (bite size pieces)
- 4 cups potatoes (bite size) (optional)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 (12 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded chicken (or more , I use up my leftovers from a roaster)
- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free wide egg noodles
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- I roast a chicken in a cup of white wine and use the leftover chicken for my soup.
- See my Chicken in a Pot Recipe for the Crock pot.
- The wine gives the broth a nice kick.
- Pour broth and leftover chicken into a bowl and refrigerate.
- Skim off the fat.
- Place chicken cut up chicken and broth in crock pot.
- Pour in three cans of chicken broth and break up gelled chicken and broth.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker except noodles and evaporated milk.
- Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Cook noodles on top of stove according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, pour in evaporated milk and blend into soup.
- Turn crock pot to High to heat milk.
- Stir in noodles to soup before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great soup on a cold night! My husband and I enjoyed this tasty soup. I had leftover crock pot chicken so this recipe was perfect! Didn't add the potatoes added a pinch of seasonings because chicken was cooked with similar seasonings. And only added 1/2 cup evaporated milk, that's what I had on hand. Just threw the egg noodles in with the milk, turned out great. Thanks for a tasty soup!Reply