Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
You gonna' dun like diss, I garontee! :)
Make and share this Cajun Style Oven Fries recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, thyme, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, sugar, cumin, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, Tabasco sauce, and oil; mix well into a paste.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil; pour a small amount of oil onto foil and spread with a paper towel.
- Peel potatoes and slice into french fry shapes.
- Place fries in a plastic bag with paste and work paste onto fries; alternatively you can do this in a bowl, but the bag method is easier.
- Place fries on lined baking sheet, trying not to let edges touch.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 30-35 minutes (your time may vary with the size fry you cut); turn once during cooking to brown underside.
This was a great change from ordinary baked fries. I used 1 tsp of chicken broth instead of oil to make the paste and added a bit more hot sauce because we like the kick. My husband already is talking about next time! Thank you.
We dun like diss, yes yeah!! These fries are marvelous Sue. The seasonings are right on!! I doubled the recipe--1 for my husband and 1 for me (he he!!) The kids were just out of luck. Went perfectly with our burger night. Thanks for posting this :D
These were exiliant fries, very very tasty!! I didnt have cayenne or cumin, so i added 1/2 tsp. cajun spice......i also doubled the recipe since i was serving 5. It had a spicy kick to it, which tasted great! Thanks for the recipe, it'll be a keeper! (p.s. better than mcdonald's fries and better 4 u!!!)