Recipe by Sue Lau
You gonna' dun like diss, I garontee! :)
Top Review by jamb
This was a great change from ordinary baked fries. I used 1 tsp of chicken broth instead of oil to make the paste and added a bit more hot sauce because we like the kick. My husband already is talking about next time! Thank you.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, thyme, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, sugar, cumin, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, Tabasco sauce, and oil; mix well into a paste.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil; pour a small amount of oil onto foil and spread with a paper towel.
- Peel potatoes and slice into french fry shapes.
- Place fries in a plastic bag with paste and work paste onto fries; alternatively you can do this in a bowl, but the bag method is easier.
- Place fries on lined baking sheet, trying not to let edges touch.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 30-35 minutes (your time may vary with the size fry you cut); turn once during cooking to brown underside.