Recipe by Boomette
This is from Ricardo and posted for ZWT
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
I don't know who Ricardo is, but I bet he's a good chef! I followed this exactly except forgot to peel my shrimp, but no matter it still came out delightfully enchanting. For those nay-sayers who, think this is "hot" I can reassure you that it's not. Just a wonderful mixture of a bit of spice along with the succulent, savory taste of grilled shrimp. I only basted once, upon turning this over, but let me tell you this is one great recipe! I marinated for 1 hour. Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* July 2009
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 16 small wood skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients of the marinade.
- Add shrimps and let marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat barbecue to high heat. Drain shrimps but keep the liquid to baste. Put one shrimp per skewer. Cook on the grill until shrimps change color. Baste with remaining marinade while cooking.