Ginger-Honey Glazed Shrimps
- Ready In:
- 1 lb tiger shrimp (jumbo size, peeled, cleaned)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 fresh lemon wedges (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Make sure shrimps are completely thawed and drained.
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and pepper.
- Add cornstarch and whisk.
- Pour over shrimps, turning to coat.
- Marinade for 30 minutes or longer.
- When finished marinating, transfer marinade to a small saucepan, add cornstarch and simmer.
- Lightly grease the foil with sesame oil on the oven-proof dishpan before placing the marinaded shrimps.
- Broil shrimps for about 6 mins(depending on the size of the shrimps, do not over or undercooked), brush shrimps often with sauce.
- When shrimps are cooked, place the shrimps on a bed of rice(individual serving), pour over with the rest of the marinade, sprinkle with fresh lemon juice if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I have made a similar shrimp dish for many years. The recipe is almost the same as the one I make. I just add 2 tablespoons Ketchup and 1 tablespoon Sriracha or Szchechuan peppercorns ground to the mix. The ketchup gives it tang and the peppercorns or Sriracha give it the heat. Otherwise this recipe is the same, just less soy sauce.