Bbq Honeyed Prawns (shrimps)
Honeyed prawns, great for the Barbie! Preparation time does not include time to marinate.
- Ready In:
- 1 kg large raw shrimp, peeled and tails intact
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Combine sauces, honey, oil, sherry and garlic in large bowl, add prawns and mix well.
- Cover and marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Barbecue or grill (broil) over high heat until prawns are cooked, brushing with marinade while cooking.
- (DO NOT OVER COOK!).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was good but not great for us. Nothing against the recipe, it was written well and the amounts were correct, it just didn't score a home run for us. Hence the 5 stars. The recipe is excellent, just not fantabulous for us. It was a bit too heavy on the hoisin sauce, a little bit too strong of BBQ sauce, just not alot of heat or flavor. Alright, just not great, but that's our opinion.