Recipe by Bev
Serve over toasted garlic bread slices with a tossed green salad with your favorite dressing! Also good over grits! From Southern Living, June 2007
Top Review by jmngirl
This recipe was delicious and easy to make! I was making this for my boyfriend and at first he thought shrimp and grits were an odd combo until he had some. That made a believer out of him! My favorite part of this meal was when the delicious herbs mixed in with the creamy grits! yum!
- 2 lbs large shrimp, raw and unpeeled (See Note Below)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried basil)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried oregano)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel shrimp, and, if desired, devein.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and next 5 ingredients, and sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in garlic, and sauté 1 more minute.
- Stir in shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- 2 lb. frozen peeled, large raw shrimp, thawed according to package directions, may be substituted.