photo by kiwidutch
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- To Make Vinaigrette:.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and next 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- For Shrimp:.
- Place cooked shrimp and vinaigrette mixture in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag.
- Seal and chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Arrange lettuce leaves in 8 (6- to 8-oz.) glasses.
- Spoon shrimp mixture evenly into glasses.
- Note: Vinaigrette may be prepared ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Let vinaigrette come to room temperature, and whisk before adding cooked shrimp.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Initial rating, 3 stars...I thought the marinade was too oily and lacked flavor. I would up the cilantro, vinegar and hot sauce next time and still use less oil. The general concept is a good one though. I ended up using mine on top of a salad of baby greens. Update: Did like the flavor of leftovers much better the next day, although olive oil tends to solidify when refrigerated. Left to warm at room temp a bit I'd give it 4 stars.
Loved it! I added more cilantro ( coriander) to my vinegrette becuase I knew I was serving it to guests who love it as much as we do, I chopped up some extra cooked shrimp (peeled) and let that marinate too, filled the shot glasses, then put some extra shrimp (with tails unpeeled) on the shot glasses with a toothpick and let the guest dive in. This was a popular addition to a buffet table and it was well received. I also could not find white balsamic vinegar so used white vinegar, but added a little lemon juice as well as the rind and it was very tasty indeed. Please see my rating system: 4 excellent stars for a recipe that I will be serving again. Thanks!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.