Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a family favorite we make over and over again. Although it's extremely flavorful, it is quite lean
- Sprinkle chops liberally with Cajun seasoning.
- Spray pan with vegetable oil, or use a small amount of oil.
- Brown the chops on both sides.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add onion, pepper, celery and garlic to the pan and saute until tender.
- Add the pork chops back to the pan with the vegetables, add the brown gravy.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Very easy and tasty! I added more water when it was simmering because the one cup of gravy I used just didn't seem to be enough. It was enjoyed by my family and will be made again.
These pork chops were very flavorful! I used a package of Pioneer Brand brown gravy mix (which made 2 cups of gravy) and cut the celery to 1/2 cup (because I'm not a big celery fan). The whole family gave it a thumbs up, so it's a keeper!
I have made this twice and both times it was a hit! It is fast, and has a taste like it cooked all afternoon. I used 2 gravy packages, so I could have leftovers. 2 thumbs up. Great one dish meal for company.