1/1 Photo of Cajun Crawfish Alfredo With Penne Pasta
Jeff Cheffro White's Note:
This recipe uses an authentic, homemade alfredo cream sauce as a base, so if stying light is the goal...this won't fit your flightplan. It uses real butter and heavy cream and other ingredients to make a dish of goodness you've only had in top restaurants. The good news is, it's quick and easy enough for a novice to make with good results. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb sweet creamy butter (salted)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 2 lbs crawfish tails
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 lb dry penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once butter stops bubbling, add the garlic and cook about 2 minutes. Add the thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper and Cajun seasoning.
- 2Add the flour and cook another 3 minutes until flour is incorporated and begins to make a light roux.
- 3Add heavy cream and bring to low simmer. Add the parmesan and Velveeta cheese and stir until creamy.
- 4Once the sauce is cooked to your desired thickness, add the chopped green onion and crawfish (thawed and patted dry) to the sauce.
- 5Serve over al dente penne pasta and garnish with fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Crawfish Alfredo With Penne Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.7
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 240.6 mg
- Sodium 606.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: