Recipe by NoSpringChicken
We fell in love with this delicious corn when we were introduced to it by our good Marine Corps friends in Lafayette, Louisiana while attending a reception. After many disappointing recipes, this is the one I rely on. No one is disappointed when they try this!
- 6 ears fresh corn or 2 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- With sharp knife, cut kernels off corn cobs, if using fresh corn.
- In medium skillet heat 1 tablespoon butter with the oil.
- Add corn, onion, sugar and Tabasco sauce.
- Cook until corn is almost tender and starts to form a crust on bottom of pan.
- Gradually stir in broth, scraping up bits on bottom of pan.
- Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter and the cream.
- Cook for 5 minutes longer or until almost all liquid evaporates; stir frequently.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Add beaten egg; stir one minute or until egg is cooked.
- Serve with additional Tabasco sauce.