1/1 Photo of Cajun Corn and Shrimp Chowder
My husband makes this one and we are always standing in line waiting for the first bowl. Serve with hot crusty fresh bread. Outta sight!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope lipton golden onion soup mix
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 cups corn kernels (fresh cut or frozen and thawed)
- 3/4-1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1In a big soup pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion, and saute about 3 minutes or until softened.
- 3Add the cayenne, paprika, garlic salt, black pepper, oregano, thyme, and flour.
- 4Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 5Add the soup mix and boiling water; stir with a whisk until the mixture is smooth and well blended (bring to a boil while whisking).
- 6Lower the heat to medium, add in the corn and shrimp.
- 7Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp are pink.
- 8Add in the heavy cream; stir to combine.
- 9Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- 10Cook over low heat until it is heated through.
- 11Ladle into individual soup bowls.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Corn and Shrimp Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.3
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 133.9 mg
- Sodium 578.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 12.1 g