Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My husband makes this one and we are always standing in line waiting for the first bowl. Serve with hot crusty fresh bread. Outta sight!!
Top Review by Thea
I made this last night and it was fabulous!!! I added 3 green onions instead of the medium onion...and roasted a large red pepper...chopped, 1 tsp of garlic, a 1/4 tsp of Hot paprika instead of sweet and used Chicken broth instead of the water. This soup is a keeper for sure! Not sure about the 8 servings as there were 3 of us and I had a small bowl left-over...boohoo!!! Thanks for the great recipe!!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope lipton golden onion soup mix
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 cups corn kernels (fresh cut or frozen and thawed)
- 3⁄4-1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big soup pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion, and saute about 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the cayenne, paprika, garlic salt, black pepper, oregano, thyme, and flour.
- Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soup mix and boiling water; stir with a whisk until the mixture is smooth and well blended (bring to a boil while whisking).
- Lower the heat to medium, add in the corn and shrimp.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp are pink.
- Add in the heavy cream; stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Cook over low heat until it is heated through.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls.