Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love coleslaw and I love caesar dressing...this is great! From Bon Appetit, July, 2003.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 9 anchovy fillets (these will not make your salad 'fishy')
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄4 lbs cabbage, halved,cored,very thinly sliced
- 16 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup packed freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Process first 4 ingredients in small blender until anchovies and garlic have dissolved into the dressing (about 20-30 seconds).
- Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place cabbage and green onions in large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Mix cheese into coleslaw.
- Transfer to large shallow bowl and serve.
This cole slaw was different but yet still familiar (if that makes sense, lol). I halved the recipe and also used preshredded cabbage which but down on the prep time significantly. The anchovies and garlic add a punch of flavor but in a very good way. Made for the Babes of ZWT4.
Wonderful dressing, cheaper and healthier than bottled dressing too. Made just half the recipe and it made a lot so will be sending half ot it to my daughter's and I'm sure she'll ask me for the recipe. I'll be making this one again. TFS Made for ZWT4
I hate anchovies. I mean HATE! So it down to 3 fillets ( I cut the rest of the recipe in half). But you know what, I didnt mind this coleslaw.... in fact I kinda liked it! My mother really enjoyed it so 5 stars from her all the way. Made for ZWT 3!