Banana Coffee Shake
Delicious for coffee lovers and a wonderful way to use up this morning's cold coffee for an afternoon shake. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 1980).
- Ready In:
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup cold coffee, the stronger the better
- 1 banana
- sugar, to taste (optional)
- chocolate shavings, to garnish (optional)
- whipped cream, to garnish (optional)
- Process the first three ingredients (ice cream- banana) in a blender until smooth and thick. Add sugar if desired.
- Pour into 2 glasses (or 1 large glass) and garnish with shaved chocolate and whipped cream, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What a nice little treat for my granddaughter and myself. I added a teaspoon of instant espresso coffee mix and still found the taste not quite coffee enough for me. Next time I'll be using coffee ice cream also. No sugar added. DGD Carly says "tell her Thank You, this is yummy" Made for Kaffee Klatch, March Photo Challenge.