Caesar Coleslaw - West
I must admit I am not a coleslaw fan but this recipe, (I slightly adaptad from Bon Appetite), has become one of my favorite summer dishes. Mixing the cabbages keeps the Savoy from becoming overpowering. It is perfect for a potluck or bbq. I even served it at my wedding!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 9 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 16 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated & packed)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs savoy cabbage
- 3⁄4 lb napa cabbage
- 1⁄4 lb red cabbage
- Halve, core and very thinly slice cabbages. Should yield about 16 cups.
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Place cabbage and green onions in large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving mix cheese into coleslaw. Transfer to large shallow bowl and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I too do not like coleslaw, but my mother loves it.... so of course I make it since I am a nice daughter lol. BUT I did enjoy this recipe for coleslaw. I used pre shredded cabbage and carrot mix to make things a bit simpler. Scaled it down to make 1/4 cup of the dressing.... but keep garlic the same. Made for ZWT 3!