Recipe by Bec
From the 1995 "Heart Healthy Cookbook" of delicious healthy recipes, Edina, MN. Be sure to refrigerate this overnight to enhance flavor- I didn't include this in the cooking time.
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl mix cabbage, pepper and pimiento together.
- Make dressing by combining sugar, vinegar, celery seed, mustard seed, and salt in a resealable container; shake thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Refrigerate overnight to enhance flavor.
- Serve chilled.