Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A pudding cake is one of my favorite desserts. This one is easy to make.
Make and share this Butterscotch Pudding Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- Add milk, margarine, and vanilla; stir to blend. Pour into ungreased 9- inch square pan.
- In small bowl, combine pudding mix and hot water; blend well. Pour slowly over batter in pan. Do Not Mix.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until center is firm to the touch and toothpick inserted in top half of cake comes out clean.(The top surface of the cake will appear cracked.).
- Cool in pan 5 to 10 minutes.
- To serve: spoon warm cake, pudding side up into dessert dishes. If desired top with whipped topping.
This is a great pudding cake. I'm raising 3 grandsons and it's one of their favorite desserts. The first time I made it, I stirred the pudding mix and hot water too long and the pudding got too thick. It cooked on top of the cake batter instead of ending up underneath it. It was still good but it was more like a frosting than pudding. Now I stir the pudding mix and water only long enough for the mix to dissolve, and pour it over the cake batter before it starts to thicken. I've made it several times and it comes out perfectly each time. Sometimes I serve it topped with whipped cream. It's a sweet and a satisfying finish to any meal for family or company.