One Pan Chocolate Pudding Cake
photo by QueenJellyBean
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup boiling water (water must be boiling hot!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa, 3/4 c sugar.
- Mix into dry mixture, milk, vanilla, melted margarine and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Mix 1 c sugar, 3 tbsp cocoa and 1 c boiling water. Pour over the top of the cake.
- Bake for about 35 minutes. Test for doneness by pressing top of cake with your finger to get a "bounce".
- Cool completely before cutting.
- My grandma always served it with a little cream poured over the top or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Total distaster!!!! The batter was like sauce, never thickened. Wonder if 1 c. of flour was not enough. Baked it for over a hour and it's still in the oven with the slim chance it may cook. Too bad....was having a chocolate fix. Guess I'll dig into the freezer for a frozen pie for Sunday dinner. No stars earned.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, bake, camp and watch football