Recipe by mmlwjr
These are easy to make and can be made with other chips besides butterscotch. They can be frozen for later use as well.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 4 cups quick oatmeal (have used the other & it turns out just fine)
- Put margarine, evaporated milk, and sugar in a pot.
- Heat and stir until boiling.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butterscotch chips, stir well.
- Add oatmeal and stir again.
- Cool silghtly until mixture can be handled.
- Drop onto greased cookie sheets.
- Chill until firm.
- Can be frozen for future use.