Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are easy to make and can be made with other chips besides butterscotch. They can be frozen for later use as well.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 4 cups quick oatmeal (have used the other & it turns out just fine)
- Put margarine, evaporated milk, and sugar in a pot.
- Heat and stir until boiling.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butterscotch chips, stir well.
- Add oatmeal and stir again.
- Cool silghtly until mixture can be handled.
- Drop onto greased cookie sheets.
- Chill until firm.
- Can be frozen for future use.
Awesome! What a nice break from the usual chocolate peanut butter ones! I have a child that can't have peanut butter so he is especially appreciative!
These are really quick & good I did however have to cut back on the oatmeal. I used 3 cups instead of 4 cups. Using 4 cups my first batch dried out. After cutting back to 3 cups of oatmeal,they were perfect. Thank you.
HOLY COW!! These are awesome! My boys (including my husband) love these. I don't think they even cooled all the way before people started eating them.
Warning::::::make sure you have your arms warmed up for stirring.