Yummy Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
I was looking through all the wonderful Oatmeal Butterscotch recipes here on 'Zaar and was surprised that there was not this basic recipe which DH was craving. Found this one on Hershey's Kitchens website. These came out just how I rememebered them, chewy, sweet and delicious. In my oven the cookies came out best when cooked the full 10 minutes. DH sugggests that these may also be good for you because of the oatmeal, I think otherwise, but they sure taste good. These cookies freeze well too!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oatmeal (quick-cooking or regular)
- 1 3⁄4 cups butterscotch chips (1 - 11oz Pkg.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in oatmeal and butterscotch chips, mix well.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. cool slightly, remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I scored this as a "2-star" recipe, only to make it stand out...I think that it could be a "5-star" cookie, with just a few small changes that some of the other reviews posted on already. I agree with the first few reviews... I made the recipe "as is", and it seemed a little too sweet, and a little too "thick" with oats. It's a good "base" recipe, but the next time I try it, I think I would follow the suggestions of others. Cut each sugar back to 1/2c. each, and decrease the oats by 1 cup, and increase the flour. I also started baking the cookies on parchment, and that seemd to bake them better. They didn't turn out so thin/falling apart on me.2Replies 1