- 1 cup whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil, finely minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme, finely minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the interior of a 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with a vegetable oil spray.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients except for sesame seeds.
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, egg, honey and oil; stir into flour mixture just until blended.
- Spoon batter into the baking pan.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Turnout and cool completely on a wire rack.