Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no subs)
- 1 cup broken pecans
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT nuts in heavy saucepan.
- Cook to soft ball stage on a candy thermometer, then 1 more notch.
- Remove from heat and add nuts.
- Stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased 8x8 dish.
Will twist a knife in your sweet tooth. Wishing the sweetest Christmas Eve to everybody!!!
I can tell that this will be a tasty fudge but the recipe isn't complete. Stir, don't stir while it boils? I ended up with a mess. I would love to try it again with a complete set of directions.