Recipe by Giovani1059
If you've ever had mochi at a Japanese restaurant it's not very sweet, formed into balls and rolled in cornstarch. This is a Hawaiian version that I have adapted. Very addicting so I made muffins so I can control the amount I consume. Ate 2 and froze the rest. If you quadruple the recipe you can fill a 13x9 pan. Mango is not sweetened but you can add sugar if you like.
- 113.39 g mochiko sweet rice flour
- 59.14 ml melted butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml coconut milk
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml fresh mango, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Silicone muffin pan, or paper liners for regular pan.
- Preheat oven 350deg.
- Combine all ingredients, mix thoroughly till smooth.
- Fill cups 80% full with batter, top with 1 heaping tablespoon mango.
- Bake for 45min or until tops are golden brown. Makes 4 muffins.