1/1 Photo of Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Grand Prize Winner from Taste of Home's Ultimate Potluck Recipe Contest (by Melissa Millwood). Made this for dinner last night and was skeptical, but it was delicious. A little spicy for kids (used Frank's Red Hot) but very well received by the adults. Didn't have any ground chicken so used shredded leftover turkey breast and would do so again! Also used 28 ounce can of ground tomatoes instead of 14 ounce diced and would do so again! Might yet experiment with cream cheese. Had neither fresh parsley nor Italian seasoning on hand and enjoyed it without.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken or 1 1/2 lbs leftover turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles, oven ready
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 3/4 cups crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh minced parsley
- 1 egg
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Heat the oil in a large dutch oven and saute the garlic, onion, celery and carrot until softened.
- 2Stir in the shredded turkey breast (or set the veggies aside and cook the ground chicken then return the veggies).
- 3Add in the tomatoes, wing sauce, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for an hour.
- 4Meanwhile, mix together the ricotta, egg, parsley and half of the crumbled blue cheese.
- 5Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 6Spread 1.5 cups of sauce in the bottom of a deep 13x9. Layer with noodles, sauce, ricotta mixture, mozzarella, cheddar and blue cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- 7Bake for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and cheese has browned. let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.4
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 143.0 mg
- Sodium 766.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 33.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
buffalo wing sauce