Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and simple pasta dish that plates up elegantly.
Make and share this Bucatini With Pancetta And Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces bucatini pasta (spaghetti will also work fine)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium chopped onions, chopped finely
- 8 ounces pancetta, chopped (side bacon will also work fine)
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes, drained,chopped
- 5 ounces bocconcini or 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- ADD pasta to large pot of boiling water; Boil uncovered until tender; Drain.
- HEAT oil in pan, add onions and pancetta; Cook, stirring until onions are soft.
- ADD tomatoes, stir over heat for 2 minutes then add cheese and pasta; Stir until heated through; Top with chopped green onion.
Made this the other night and we really enjoyed. Very simple to make. I used the spaghetti and bacon as our local store doesn't carry the pancetta and bucatini. Also used mozzarella. I left out the green onion because I didn't have any. Will be making this again.
Used chopped shallots instead of the green onion (scallions) the 2nd time around. The shallots worked well too.
Made this for dinner tonight and it was very good. Easy to make for a week night meal after a long day at work. I made the recipe the way it is but think when I make it again I'll add some fresh garlic to the onion and pancetta. Thank for the recipe!