Tuscan Vegetarian Pasta
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup spinach, fresh leaf, tightly packed
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2⁄3 lb pasta (fettuccine or penne works well)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons herbes de provence
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- Mix mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, pepper, and onion.
- Spread on baking sheet.
- Drizzle 1 T. olive oil and sprinkle liberally with seasonings.
- Bake vegetables at 450 for ten minutes.
- Boil pasta until "al dente".
- Mix with mozzarella, vegetables, and sauce and transfer to casserole.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil on top and coat top with Parmesan.
- Bake at 450 for approximately 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
I don't understand how people can review a recipe when they have made changes to it. It is one thing to review the recipe if you have made it as written and then add changes you made the subsequent times you made it. Those of us who read the reviews want to know what you thought of the recipe as written. This one was fantastic as written. I wouldn't make a change.