Entered for safe-keeping, from Better Homes and Gardens "Cook's Secrets: 62 Recipes You'll Want to Make Forever". Look for smaller, compact sprouts that are vivid green (sweetest). Larger Brussels sprouts can be a little bitter. Brussels sprouts can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To store fresh cilantro, cut 1/2-inch from the bottoms of stems and stand in small jar or glass with about 1 inch of water; loosely cover with a plastic bag, and if you change the water every few days, it will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks. One tablespoon grated fresh ginger will be about 1 inch of fresh ginger (if using a microplane grater, 1 tablespoon will be too much). To make it a main dish, add 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast or ham or cooked and shelled and deveined shrimp to the skillet when you add the broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces thin whole wheat spaghetti (dried) or 3 ounces multi-grain spaghetti (dried)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced (1 large)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated (see Recipe Description)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded (1 medium)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, snipped
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1Break spaghetti into pieces. Cook according to package directions; drain. Return spaghetti to hop pan; cover and keep warm.
- 2(Trim Brussels sprouts like mini cabbages, removing the stems and wilted or damaged outer leaves. Rinse and pat dry. Cut sprouts crosswise into thin (about 1/4-inch) slices. They will then cook quickly and evenly, but overcooking will make them mushy and smelly.).
- 3In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion and garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- 4Add Brussels sprouts, ginger, and crushed red pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- 5Add broth and soy sauce (and desired protein, if any). Cook about 2 minutes more or until liquid is nearly evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Stir in cooked spaghetti, carrot, and cilantro. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts and Noodle Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 156.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g