Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is really good as a meatless main dish, or a side dish served with meat. I'm sure it can be made with fresh ingredients but I use canned tomatoes and dried spices because that's what I always have on hand.
- 453.59 g spaghetti (I use whole wheat)
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml basil
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Saute garlic in olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese.
- Turn heat to low and simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Toss sauce with spaghetti and Parmesan cheese and serve.
This is such an easy and tasty recipe! I made 1/4 the recipe for my sis and me and it turned out very, very yummy! I especially liked the combination of the tomato sauce, herbs and balsamic vinegar. Due to personal preference I added in some dried rosemary and chilli pepper flakes, but other than that stuck to your recipe and loved it! :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing a keeper with us, Babzy!
Made and reviewed for I Recommend Tag July 2011.
Best recipe yet. Super easy! I added fresh onions and peppers to add color. The taste is fantastic! Will make it again.
This is a good recipe. But we found that it tasted too much of the balsamic vinegar. I used fresh basil that I added at the end. I think it would be better tasting with fresh tomatoes. Thanks Babzy :) Made for I Recommend tag game