photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 1 lb dried pinto bean
- 4 slices bacon or 4 slices salt pork
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Clean beans and wash well with water.
- Put beans in large pot, add water.
- Bring beans to boil and let boil for 1 hour.
- Check closely, as beans cook, you will probably need to add more water.
- Run tap water until very hot before adding to beans.
- Add bacon pieces and cook another 45 minutes.
- Add spices and reduce heat to low and cook another 20 to 25 minutes.
see 11 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Cooking is what I do. I love looking for new recipes. I have three daughters, the last one left for college this year. Being a military family gives us the opportunity to try a variety of cuisine's from all over the world. I learned to cook from watching my father while I was growing up and have loved cooking as long as I can remember. A big thank you to everyone for this wonderful site.