photo by Nymphadora
- Ready In:
- 1 lb linguine
- 5 -6 large ripe roma tomatoes
- 4 green onions
- 2 -4 large minced garlic cloves (if you don't like large amounts go with two)
- 12 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook linguine per directions.
- While it is cooking dice the tomatoes and thinly slice the onions.
- Place tomatoes (and their juice), onions, basil, garlic, oil, and salt and pepper (to taste) in a large bowl.
- When noodles are al dente remove from heat, drain and pour the hot noodles onto the other ingredients. Toss together with tongs and then grate in as much fresh parmesan as desired, tossing well to coat all.
- Serve with a little thinly sliced basil and a bit of fresh grated parmesan to garnish.
- To make a meal of it serve with grilled blackened chicken or garlic shrimp.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
So easy and quick to make and what flavour!! Amazing reviews from DH too and he doesn't typically like fresh tomatoes. This is to become a regular meal now. I added a bit of fine chopped red onion and a splash of balsamic vinegar to the bruschetta as it sat. We had steamed mussels on the side that we mixed in. This will be great to make up in a large quantity for guests too! Love that this is low sodium yet sooooo yummy. DH needs yummy low sodium meals. Thanks for posting this!
Absolutely yummy! I did heat the sauce and added balsamic vinegar and garlic salt as well as extra garlic... it was thin but I had a big spoon and ate every drop of the broth portion. Served it without chicken or shrimp to my son and his friend... and just as I was clearing the table, one more friend popped in and he loved it too!
I wasn't sold on this. I like Bruchetta and I like pasta but to me they didn't seem to work together. Maybe it's because the ingredients don't really combine well without any sort of sauce. It's just chunks of tomatoes and onion mixed in with the pasta. The taste was fine but overall I thought it didn't quite work. It was easy to make though, I like that.
see 32 more reviews
We really enjoyed this, thank you. I did use garlic salt instead of regular because we are garlic fanatics. Also, I shredded about 1/2 a cup of parmesan and added it to the mixture while the pasta was still hot so it would melt in. Then I put some more on the table for people to top with. I think this would also be good if you added olives and used feta instead of parmesan. Thank you for the recipe!