Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from a TOH-BACON booklet I got at the grocery store...
- 2 cups refrigerated hash browns, shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large skillet, cook the potatoes in 2 Tbs butter over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, chilies, and seasonings.
- In another large skillet, heat remaining butter until hot.
- Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Layer 1/3 cup potatoes, about 1/2 cup egg mixture, 1/4 cup bacon, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/4 cup salsa off center of each tortilla.
- Fold sides and ends over filling and rool up.
- Serve immediately.
i made my own hashbrowns very easy tasty breakfast
I don't grab those booklet's at checkout...unless they are free! Rarely! So I'm glad you shared this delicious recipe. I reduced the recipe for two, and also had smaller tortillas, so ended up with 4 servings. I put two in the freezer...hope it freezes well! I think if I cook the bacon and potatoes ahead or time, I could turn this into a quick breakfast for workday mornings....most mornings for me! Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag!
A full on five stars for this little beauty...I made these this morning for DH's Father's Day treat, and he absolutely LOVED it!!
I used some frozen hash brown and just smashed it up a bit after I cooked it. I also added the cheese to the egg mixture,just as it finished cooking so that it started to melt into it and went beautifully gooey.
The taste and flavour combinations in this were really great...smooth creamy egg,crisp salty bacon and spicy chunky salsa-oh YUM!!
This will definitely be making an appearance on my breakfast table again soon-it's a winner in my house!!
Thanks for sharing x