Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Got this recipe from my cousin (CrystalB -- chef #139350), who got it from a Company's Coming cookbook. A perfect side-dish for an Oriental meal -- mildly flavoured, slightly sweet.... just a great way to serve broccoli!!
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 7 cups broccoli, chopped (or florets)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or 1/4 t. garlic powder)
- Stir together first 6 ingredients and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in wok or frying pan on medium-high. Add broccoli and garlic and stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to broccoli mixture until boiling and thickened.
I love broccoli & usually do it with cauliflower, but this time I just followed the recipe right on down, & we had a wonderfully satisfying side! Definitely will make it again your way! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for for the 'halibut!']