Broccoli Casserole Supreme
Definitely those who don't like broccoli will love this. A family favorite.
- Ready In:
- 4 medium onions, quartered
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, broken into big pieces (florets and stems)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar or colby or mozza-I like to mix cheddar and colby)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Cook onion and broccoli in boiling water for 8 minutes. Drain and put in a large casserole dish.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter over low heat. Add flour, salt & pepper. Add milk, stirring until thick and bubbly. Add the cream cheese, stirring until melted. Pour sauce over veggies. Sprinkle grated cheese over top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. While cooking, melt 2 tbsp butter and mix with the breadcrumbs.
- After 30 minutes, add the breadcrumbs to the casserole and bake uncovered for another 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made only 1/2 the recipe b/c I live alone. It is delicious! I've had several broccoli casseroles and this is the best. The sauce is truly "supreme" and not overly seasoned. I ate a third of this casseraol and saved the other 2/3s in TV dinner trays for another time. I used a little less onions and added a touch of crushed garlic, I love garlic, and a colby jack cheese. Definitely a keeper and into my veggie and casserole cookbooks. Thank you very much. - Lee