Cordon Bleu Casserole Supreme
This wonderful casserole combines everything you need for a well-balanced meal with the terrific taste of Chicken Cordon Bleu. Great for guests or for a potluck as well, as kids and adults both seem to like the combination of flavors.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons essence of emeril southwest seasoning (or your favorite chicken seasoning(may be omitted)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 lb thinly sliced deli ham (we liked honey ham)
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice chicken breasts into bite-sized strips and brown in oil.
- If using seasoning, sprinkle chicken during cooking process.
- Slicing is much easier if chicken is partially frozen (or partially thawed).
- While chicken is cooking, spray a 10x15 pan and spread potatoes in the bottom.
- Stack deli ham and slice into roughly 1-inch square pieces.
- Layer browned chicken, sliced cream cheese, and ham over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese.
- Top with broccoli.
- Combine soup and pepper, then spoon over broccoli.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was good and pretty easy to make. I think that next time I wouldn't bother to layer most of the ingredients because the cream cheese stayed in chunks here and there. I'd rather combine most of these ingredients with the hashbrowns before baking. I added some garlic, black pepper, and paprika to pick up the flavor a bit. Overall, it was well-received. Thanx!Reply
This was WONDERFUL! My step-son swore he HATED broccoli. I served him the casserole & asked him how he liked it. He said it was really good. I then informed him that it was loaded with broccoli. He just nodded his head, kept eating and then went back for seconds! As to my DH who eats almost anything and everything, he loved it enough that he DEF wants me to make it again. Thank you!Reply
I took this to work for a pot luck dinner and it was a hit!! everyone wanted the recipe. i used CUBED smoked ham, low fat cream cheese, low fat cheddar cheese, instead of the swiss cheese (just don't like swiss cheese) and low fat cream of chicken soup. it was a wonderful pot luck casserole and a keeper.Reply
This was perfect to make, divide into small double servings, and freeze for the three elderly people I cook for occasionally (my mom, his parents). They all loved it, and requested that I do it again! Only thing I changed:: I softened the cream cheese and mixed it with the warm sauteed chicken, as slicing seemed messy. Next time I'll try this with asparagus instead of broccoli, which I think will be a tasty variation.Reply
see 27 more