Broccoli Salad Supreme
photo by Parsley
- Ready In:
- 1 head broccoli
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- Wash the broccoli and cut the florets into bite sized pieces.
- Combine broccoli with the cheese in a large bowl.
- Add the green onions and toss well.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayo, sugar, vinegar and cayenne.
- Pour over the broccoli mixture and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving stir in half the bacon and sprinkle the other half on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum! I will definately make this again. I needed a vegetable for camping this weekend and picked this because it looked like I could do most of the work ahead. I mixed the dressing ahead, and brought it in a small Ziplock container. Then I put the broccoli and green onion in a gallon sized zip bag, along with a store-bought bag of precooked bacon crumbles (on hand), and a smaller bag with the grated cheese (I used cheddar because it was on hand), then just combined it all the day I needed to serve it. Of six adults and four children, only one said they didn't like it (picky eater), one said it's okay, and the rest really liked it, and wanted me to pass on the recipe. Even the 1 and 3 year olds liked it!