Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
An easy, tasty recipe for a weeknight dinner.
Make and share this Broccoli Pasta Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g broccoli, separated into small flowerets, stalks peeled and cut into 1/4 inch julienne
- 158.51 ml minced scallion
- 78.07 ml butter
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed to a paste
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- 118.29 ml gorgonzola, cut into small cubes
- 0.25 ml cayenne
- 453.59 g linguine, cooked al dente
- 78.07 ml finely chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- Cook broccoli in boiling, salted water for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and refresh under cold, running water, and pat dry.
- Cook scallion in butter until softened; add cream, basil and garlic; simmer, stirring.
- Add cheeses and stir until well-combined.
- Stir in broccoli and cayenne and salt and pepper to taste and cook until heated through.
- Serve sauce over linguine and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
Loved this sauce! The garlic was just right and adding gorgonzola to alfredo sauce always adds a great flavor. Thanks for the tip to pat the broccoli dry before adding to the sauce, I'm sure that will save a lot of headaches! Made for ZWT 7.