Edesia's Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
photo by anniesnomsblog
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 cups butternut squash, pureed (15 oz. can)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add sage and turn down to medium-low. The sage should get soft but not fry.
- Add squash puree and chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Turn heat back up and let it simmer and reduce down a bit.
- Serve 1/2 cup of sauce with 1 lb. of your favorite pasta.
- Freeze the remaining 1/2 cup portions individually for use later.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am wife to a Lutheran pastor and a stay-at-home mama to our beautiful baby girl. I love to try new recipes. Check out my blog to see what I have been cooking lately.