Pumpkin & Bacon Pasta Sauce
I got the original off the internet a long time ago, but added the wine, onion, and nutmeg to make it a little more interesting.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups steamed and lightly crushed pumpkin
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion
- 50 ml white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock (made with cube is fine)
- 250 ml pouring cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- chopped parsley
- Fry the onion and bacon until cooked.
- Add the white wine, stock, pumpkin, and cream and heat gently.
- Remove from heat, and stir through Parmesan cheese.
- Check for seasonings and add as necessary.
- Serve over the pasta of your choice (I like Penne).
- Serve sprinkled with parsley and offer extra Parmesan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 9 more