Pasta,Mushrooms and Broccoli W/ Creamy Tomato Sauce
photo by VickyJ
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 8 ounces rotelle pasta or 8 ounces pasta, of choice
- 1 lb mushroom, quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli, coarsely chopped and blanched
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup canned plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta until al dente,drain and toss with 1 tbl.
- olive oil.
- Heat 3 tbls.
- olive oil in a large skillet,add the mushrooms and saute quickly over high heat until golden Rmove from heat and add cream,tomatoes and seasonings.
- Mix well and cool to room temperature.
- Toss the mushroom,tomato and cream mix with the pasta.
- Add the broccoli just before serving and toss gently again.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust to your liking.
- Serve at room temperature and pass the grated Parmesan separately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Used this as a starting point. Browned the mushrooms, removed from pan, then sauteed the chopped broccoli along with diced zucchini, garlic, and power greens (spinach, chard and baby kale). Added a can of diced tomatoes and a cup of evaporated milk (I needed to use some up) and also some softened cream cheese to thicken it. Very much enjoyed in our house!
Hello! :) I made this for dinner last night. It was just me, so I had something great for lunch today. This was so easy and very delicious! I had some mushrooms to use up, and I came upon your recipe. The only thing I forgot to use was the parmesan cheese when it was done and tossed. This would be great cold, I think. This is going in my Just For Me and Past, Pasta! coobooks. Thank you for the awesome dinner.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
July 8, 2009: Our resident bionic woman lost her battle to cancer yesterday. MEP was a passionate, caring and beloved member of our community and she will be deeply missed. Our thoughts go out to her family, Gordy and Cakes, at this difficult time. Her vivacious spirit will live on here at Recipezaar. If you'd like to express your condolences, there is a thread here: <br> <br>http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=306823 <br> <br>and a cookathon here: <br> <br>http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=306828 <br> <br>Liza @ Recipezaar <br>****************************************************** <br> <br>I AM The Bionic Woman. <br> <br>I am married. To El Gordo for 29 years. <br> <br>I have one daughter whom I call Cakes, but is actually Caitlin. She's 18, and absolutely amazing. <br> <br>I also have a dog named Otis Voy - a Chocolate Lab who is 14 years old ! <br> <br>I am a cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 1994. It came back again in 1996, and I then had a bone marrow transplant.Was cancer free for 12 years. <br> <br>I also had a liver transplant in 2005 - and I'm still here... <br> <br>And now I can add that I've just been diagnosed with Secondary Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS) as a result of the above-mentioned cancer/bone marrow transplant. <br>The s--- never ends...and now...lung cancer! <br>A new challenge for The Bionic Woman!