Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A healthier spin on breakfast burritos with instructions for making them for camping.
- 16 eggs
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 8 -9 whole wheat tortillas
- salt, to taste
- aluminum foil, for wrapping
- salsa (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- Chop potatoes and boil until soft.
- Chop green onions and set aside.
- Crack 16 eggs and cook over low heat until you have soft, scrambled eggs. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute yellow onions and garlic in 2 T. olive oil on low heat until carmelized. 15-20 minutes.
- Brown sausage in a separate pan.
- In large bowl combine Sausage mixture, scrambled eggs, potatoes, cheese, green onions, parsley, and Salt & Pepper.
- Divide ingredients into 8 or 9 tortilla shells.
- If you're going camping make all of this in advance. At the end roll and wrap in tin foil. Put in freezer.
- After a night in the cooler at camp these burritos will be thawed out and ready to throw on the fire! Put on your fire grate for 5-7 minutes and they will be toasty and warm.