Plan ahead the pork mixture must be refrigerated for 24-48 hours to blend the flavors together before making the patties. I usually get about 18-20 patties out of this, but the yield will vary depending on how large you make them --- you may adjust the amount of sugar but I recommend making the first batch using the stated amount, you might prefer it sweeter but for my family 1 tablespoon is just the perfect amount --- these are very good between biscuits :)
- In a small bowl mix all the spices together.
- Place the ground pork into a large bowl; add in the spices to the pork and mix using clean hands until well combined.
- Cover and chill for 24 hours.
- Place the pork mixture between two pieces of greased waxed paper; using a rolling pin, roll out the pork to about 1/2 inch thickness (or to desired thickness, gathering up the ends to re-cut).
- Remove the top piece of waxed paper.
- Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter cut into rounds.
- Place the rounds onto a baking sheet and freeze until ready to use.