Savory Garlic Marinated Steak
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar (does not have to be an expensive one)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (for a less salty flavor I recommend low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional-but adds a delightful smoky flavor) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons instant minced garlic (comes in a jar)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs rib eye steaks or 2 1/2 lbs flank steaks
- Combine all liquid ingredients in a medium bowl. Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients. (Make sure all ingredients are mixed completely.).
- Place steaks in a shallow, non-porous dish, and pour marinade over steaks. For optimal flavor, rub the marinade into the meat. (I sometimes use a plastic bag for easier storage and clean-up.).
- Cover and let marinade in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours.
- Grill steaks for 7-8 minutes per side on a lightly oiled grate or until internal temperature reaches at least 145°.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We've eaten steak with balsamic sauce and loved it, so I wanted to try this marinade. I marinated the steaks for 24 hours. I'm sorry to say that the resulting steak tasted overwhelmingly of balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. The marinade itself is very good and I'm rating it at 4 stars. The marinating time, for us, would be 1 star. We are keeping in mind that everyone's tastes are different and I would try this again and cut the marinating time back to 1 hour. Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.