Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this recipe as an idea to use some of the ingredients that come in the monthly food box that's purchased. If you make them in advance, it beats running thru the local "fast" food place.
- 4 medium hard-boiled eggs, crumbled (pre-cooked)
- 7 slices crumbled bacon (or use Turkey-Bacon. If using store bought bacon crumbles do not use imitation bits)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese (Swiss or Cheddar are best)
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (Unflavored)
- 4 English muffins (or breakfast bread of your choice Bagels or Tortillas or Toaster Waffles)
- In a bowl, combine crumbled eggs, bacon, cheese, and yogurt.
- Serve on Breakfast Bread of your choice.
- Wrap in waxed paper and take it to go.
I made this to get rid of leftover easter eggs. I used turkey bacon and greek yogurt and omitted the cheese. Perhaps it was because the greek yogurt is thicker, but 1/4c wasn't enough to reach typical egg salad consistency..it took the entire 5oz container. This is a simple, but tasty recipe. I am on WW and figure it to be 4pts a serving for the egg salad (this does not include any bread). Thank you for sharing, we will definitely make this often.