Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Also called "Broa" Brazilian cornbread is slightly sweet, fluffy, not crumbly.Give a try!
- 236.59 ml milk
- 59.14 ml water
- 1 egg
- 44.37 ml margarine
- 88.74 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml salt
- 354.88 ml yellow corn flour
- 591.47 ml bread flour
- 4.92 ml anise seed
- 12.32 ml active dry yeast
- Combine all ingredients in the order given.
- Select White Bread and push start.
- Check the dough after about 5 minutes, if its too wet then add a tablespoon of flour at a time, if its too dry then add a tablespoon of water at a time, until dough forms a smooth round ball.
Very nice recipe. I tweaked ingredients to use what I had on hand. I used water + dry milk, butter instead of margarine, honey instead of sugar and 1 1/4 cup pf whole grain flour + 1 cup all purpose flour + 1/4 cup of gluten to replace the 2 1/2 c of bread flour as directed in the recipe. It was moist and fluffy. Absolutely a keeper for us :)
This is not a bad recipe at all. It wasn't as sweet as I had thought it would be, and it was really super thick bread. It was very good toasted with a thin layer of butter on top. Thank you for sharing!