Brazilian Cheese Bread ( Pao De Queijo )
photo by Kitty Kat Cook
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Put the tapioca flour in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Pour canola oil, water, milk, and salt into a small saucepan, and place over high heat. When the mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat immediately, and stir in tapioca flour, mixing with a wooden spoon. Set aside to rest for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir the cheese and eggs into the tapioca mixture until well combined. The mixture will be chunky. With wet hands, form 1 TBSP-sized balls of the mixture onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the tops are lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Enjoy !
- Note: The dough can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. The balls can be frozen and taken to the oven right from the freezer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!