Flat Bread: Gluten-Free Wheat-Free Dairy-Free, Lactose-Free, Nut
- Ready In:
- Grind first 3 ingredients, separately 1/4 c at a time for best results, in a spice/coffee grinder until finely ground and powdery.
- Dump them in a medium bowl.
- Add baking powder and salt. Mix together with whisk, sifter, or hands.
- Add oil and 1/2 the water. Mix well until forms a loose ball.Adding water as needed.
- Separate out 2Tb size portions.
- Roll into 8 tight balls. Flatten and then press between wax paper as you shape into a round or oval about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place on a medium height griddle, or skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes each side or until dry looking and lightly browned or blackened in spots per your preference. Blackened to me tastes more like Naan.
- I used short grain brown rice for mine and tapioca pearls. Recipezaar didn't recognize it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Somewhere between three and four stars ;-) This was pretty good. I used ground flax seed, tapioca starch and brown rice flour, added some xanthan gum and more water than the recipe called for. Also I let the dough sit one hour at room temperature. Easy to make and tasty, will make it again. Thanks for posting!<br/>Made for Healthy Choices ABC.
This is one of my first experiences of wheat free, yeast free, gluten free cooking so I only had Tapioca Flour and Rice Flour in the cupboards.<br/>I made these in lieu of Naan to accompany a lamb curry so added garlic and coriander. Nice addition but they were very heavy. I had included an egg on advice from a friend but I think I might try these again but with xanathan gum next time instead.